We are two


Exactly two years ago, I got out of bed in the morning and started preparing for my evening wedding. It was a very nice day but everything went wrong! From the electricity strikes that left the city in a chaos and me having to walk up and down from the fourth floor (no lift) at least three times before I was ready to leave the house, to the transport (arranged for our guests) arriving half an hour late, my mum slipping down the steps (thank god nothing broken), and  the hardest rain even the Irish ever seen (what is it with me and the rain?) starting the minute we stepped foot in the church. During the ceremony I could have done with a cigarette and a glass of whiskey! But thanks to lovely friends and family, plus the summer greek weather (only a 20 minute storm) the second bit of the evening turned out great with lots of dancing and nice food. About the food I can only take my friends' word for it, the only thing I ate was a bit of the cake. My mood recovered quickly, after all it was my wedding, but my stomach was still the size of a pea after the stress of the day, how much can a bride take!

Happy 2nd Anniversary to us 
Here is to many more happy unexpected times, because ordinary is boring!

18 comments:

  1. best wedding photos ever!!!! Happy wedding anniversary!!filakia kai stous 2!!! - Lemontree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lemon, filakia polla k se sena!

      Delete
  2. such a lovely story abd photo.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! (christine r!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, lovely to hear from you x

      Delete
  4. Great story and photo, you look beautiful - happy anniversary - may there be many, many more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for the lovely wishes!

      Delete
  5. a happy second anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful couple and such a gorgeous dress. I think weddings never go as they are planned, something always goes wrong. I got gastroenteritis on my day and spent the majority of it vomiting in the toilet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, this sounds bad too! The main thing I suppose is that we went through it and survived! xx

      Delete
  7. Wish I 'd been there! Better yet, I wish I 'll be around in every future anniversary of yours! ♥ kisses & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful story, beautiful couple, too many beautiful years ahaead.
    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet Dawn, thank you for the lovely wishes!

      Delete
  9. ahhh, happy anniversary! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool couple! Hope you've had a fab time celebrating. Claire xo

    ReplyDelete