By the beach

We are not exactly experiencing summer weather here at the moment; 15 C, drizzling rain and wind is not exactly normal for an end of June kind of day, is it? It is Ireland that we live in after all not Australia. And I am looking back at my posts about a year ago when we were still in Greece and it was all about how hot it was and the heat waves, man I really seem to be caught in extreme weather conditions! So I kind of said to myself that's it, I was waiting all those months for the summer here so I could get out more and organise some weekend escapes to discover this country and sure this is what I should be doing. I might be dressed full gear on but at least the days are longer and there is beauty under the rain too, plus this country has some gorgeous scenery! Get ready for a few Monday posts full of Ireland. I will so make you want to go on a holiday here, even if it is the kind of one that you have to bring your raincoat along!

inch beach, ireland
inch beach, ireland
inch beach ireland
inch beach ireland
inch beach ireland

This is standing in the south west of Ireland at Inch Beach, County Kerry facing the Atlantic and knowing that the closest bit of land ahead is America. On a good warm and sunny day I would take my shoes off and walk along the beach leaving the water reach up to my ankles. On a good warm and sunny day I would still only be able to do this for five minutes tops, the water is always freezing. On a day like today it is a bit impossible to even stand around for too long because the wind is carrying the drizzling rain and it is hard even to keep my eyes fully open, mind you there are people (brave people) surfing in the sea!

2 comments:

  1. What a fresh version of summer! I think we just have to get to Greece:-)

    ReplyDelete