Ant-house

house design by ma-style architects, japan
house design by ma-style architects, japan
minimal house interior with wood surfaces
minimal house interior with wood surfaces
house design by ma-style architects, japan
minimal house interior with wood surfaces
house design by ma-style architects, japan

This is the house of a married couple and their three sons, designed by mA-style Architects in Shizuoka, Japan. A black cube to the outside this house has no windows to its perimeter; the interior is lit and aired by openings on the roof! Inside all partitions are a combination of larch plywood and white walls with no main divisions between the rooms. Hence it is the ant house! I might have my doubts about sharing a house with my family with no dividing walls but I know I love every bit of how this place looks!

All images via here.

5 comments:

  1. This house is cool but also a bit crazy :-) Right now I have a competition in my blog, you're welcome to join if you like! /Elina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy! love it but couldn't live in it! I would kill the design with 'stuff' and crochet! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. είναι απλά υπέροχο...!

    ReplyDelete