Hello december


Hello nice people! It is December already soon to be 2013 and almost two months since I moved to Ireland! And I am frozen, I thought I would be used to it by now but actually I am far from it. My hands are constantly ice cold no matter what I do and my back and lower neck are in pain, which I am convinced it is from the damp weather and being constantly shrivelled. So the last thing I am wishing for this christmas is to be white. No, definitely not for me, you can spare me the snow and all the extra cold it comes with it. However, when I say white it also makes me think of our old home and its white walls, oh I do miss this! I was looking at some photographs of it and it looked all nice and mind you roasting hot last summer (I do remember by the way complaining a lot back then about been boiled in 40C+ but at the moment I have kind of forgotten how this feeling is so you know... I just miss it)! Don't be surprised if you see pictures of our old home in the future here. But anyway, back to being December and almost christmas time; dear santa can we have a very white home and quite soon please! There my request has gone through, do not say I never asked! What about you, have you got your wish list sorted for this year? 

 H A V E  A  H A P P Y  M O N T H  F U L L  O F  N I C E  S U R P R I S E S

7 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for you. I found it hard just moving from Scotland to England! But to move from those temperatures to this must be so difficult to adjust to. Buy some disposable handwarmers from an outdoor shop, then you can keep in gloves. And get a hot water bottle! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen by now I have 2 hot water bottles and unfortunately I cannot wear gloves because I cannot work on the computer with them. I think I will have to accept that it is going to be a hard (cold cold) year, hopefully by next winter I will be better! x

      Delete
  2. What a pretty picture!

    I don't like snow either.. Today we had the first real snow of the year. And it was slippery already. Do you know the gloves without fingers? They are perfect for working on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no icy streets are no good, hope it gets warmer there soon! And yes I do use the fingerless gloves but they only partly help, I know I am hopeless : p

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I know that feeling - do you make lots of cups of tea just to hold the cups for a bit and warm your hands up?? i do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do this all the time but it doesn't last for very long! : )

      Delete
  4. oh, let it snow here then, hihi :)
    to make you happy, it's cold here too.

    i have a big list for santa, hohoho :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete