Hans J. Wegner designed

ch24 1950
ch07 1963
ch24 1950
ch20 1956
ch07 1963
ch24 1950

Bonjour and happy December 17th! My post today has nothing to do with Christmas, but rather with chairs - my favourite object of furniture. There is something very prestigious about a chair as an object, its structure and the material it is made out of plus the fact that it has to work and be comfortable when sat in, practical and preferably light and not to forget elegant looking! So when all the above are wisely combined the chair becomes an ever lasting design object; like expensive shoes to an outfit a chair contributes so much to a house's character! A few of my favourite chairs by the Danish furniture designer Hans J. Wegner (1914-2007), who in his career has designed more than 500 chairs. I love the use of only natural materials like wood, leather and .... and the clean lines of  Wegner's shapes. I have sat in the chairs above they are very comfortable and stable too. They get a tick in all the how-would-you-mark-this-chair boxes! Do you have a favourite chair design?   

3 comments:

  1. oh I'd love to have a dining room full with Wegner's heringbone chairs one day...maybe I'll write a quick last minute note to Santa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I'll ask for some brains, too. I meant wishbone chair of course...heringbone parquet would be a fine accomplishment though...

      Delete