Winter weather


Hello friends, I am popping in to wish you a nice weekend and a happy November! It is November already can you believe it? I am only after finding out that for Ireland and England this is considered to be the first month of the winter! Of course if you are from Ireland or England it is all old news, but I am pretty much wow-ed with it (yeah I know... I get easily excited about information like this)! It certainly feels like winter the past few days; As I am sitting in front of the computer typing or holding the mouse my hands are like ice cubes. I keep making hot coffees and teas so I can have something very warm to wrap my hands around. But hot coffee cups go cold so quickly plus by the evening I am wired to the moon after all the caffeine so I am seeking for a better solution to my problem. If anyone has solved this trivial for themselves please share the secret here! And have a happy warm winter this year!

12 comments:

  1. I just bought a super warm and snuggly blanket here in Paris to tackle the winter! Kalo mina my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still keeping an eye out for a warm blanket and a hot water bottle, still haven't found the one(s)! Kalo ximona as well Igor, and enjoy your Paris visit : )

      Delete
  2. Two words: fingerless gloves. There are all kinds of them on Etsy. Sandra Juto's design is my favorite.
    http://sandrajuto.bigcartel.com/

    Love your lug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely on my list of accessories for this winter! Love them!

      Delete
  3. καλό νοέμβριο!!!!
    it' so cold already there...
    ha! a solution for cold hands!
    http://sandrajuto.bigcartel.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call, αν κ πρέπει να καλυφθούν ακόμα κ τα δαχτυλάκια μου! x

      Delete
  4. i consider december the first month of winter, if you split the year into 3 months per season, then sept, oct and nov are autumn. but i'm anal like that ;-)
    i find that tea and coffee don't help. hot chocolate on the other hand actually works, it warms the body like the other 2 don't for some reason, must be to do with the milk. and soup. i have soup for lunch from october to april. there you go, some top tips!
    oh yes! put your hands in hot water now and then, leave them there a while so your fingers thaw a bit! my god, it sounds like i live in the arctic! but i have bad circulation so i feel your pain! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot chocolate hmmm I never would have though of it, must try it today even! I do not want to think of the arctic or anywhere colder than here at the moment, with my circulation my hands would be locked in one position for the winter season! x

      Delete
  5. p.s. much as i love sandra juto's wrist worms, i never understood fingerless gloves - fingers are the coldest part! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold-fingers-problem is not easy to solve! Fingerless gloves are not warm enough but you cannot really work with full gloves on either! A heat-up mouse and keyboard might work in my case, it just needs to be invented first!

      Delete
  6. Γι' αυτό αγαπώ το καλοκαίρι, διότι δεν παγώνουν τα δάχτυλά μου!Το μισώ αυτό. Δυστυχώς συμβαίνει πάντα!Παγώνουν, κιτρινίζουν και δε ζεσταίνονται με τίποτα. Βλέπω πως η Sandra έχει μεγάλη πέραση, αλλά στη δική μου την περίπτωση δεν βοηθάει!!!!Άντε και καλό χειμώνα!σνιφ,σνιφ!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Πράγματι, αν κ τα έχω συνηθίσει τόσο πολύ να είναι παγωμένα που στην σπάνια περίπτωση που για κάποιο λόγω ζεσταθούν μου φαίνεται τόσο περίεργο!

      Delete