Settling


Hello friends, and a very good evening to you! It is a week since I arrived here and I have come to the conclusion that it will take me a while to settle into everything. To be honest I thought I could somehow have it all magically organised in no time, but there are a lot of things I did not take into account. Part of it has to do with the change of temperature around me, and to be fair it is not even cold yet and the sun has shinned most of the days since my arrival. But since I was exposed to 36+C for the past three months it all feels way colder to me. I got myself a fluffy dressing gown which I wear while in the house even on top of my cloths (as opposed on top of pjs), it does work. The cold makes me slow to get around doing things and also it gets me very sleepy really early in the evening. 10pm is the new 1am for me these days!

As far as unpacking is concerned I have managed to sort all of our cloths and plugged in the mac. Since we are not yet moved into our own house there is not very much more I will need to unpack for the time being. I am however a bit anxious to organise some sort of an office space asap so I can get on with my own work. I have a lot of ideas for a few different things I would like to get involved with, and hopefully I will tell you all about it very soon! Also, you might have noticed a few small changes on my blog page, mainly my new banner, hope you like it! The Irish weather and scenery inspired me for a friendly rain cloud! Also, I decided to share some of the lovely blogs I come across, so check my October list if you will, I will keep it updated every month.  

17 comments:

  1. It does take time! The cold slows me down too. Stunning photos by the way xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just a bit worried that if I am so cold now, what will I do at the winter? Get used to it by then I suppose ; )

      Delete
  2. Love that new blog header! And excited to hear about your projects. Hope you can get warm soon - go buy a hot water bottle! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually looking for a hot water bottle, I just have not found a cute one yet!

      Delete
  3. Love your pictures and hopefully over time you will find lots of inspiration in the little green island! So differnt from Greece, I can only slightly imagine how it all must feel. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there Tracey, it is very different but once I'll get used to the temperature I know I will enjoy my stay here!

      Delete
  4. Το συννεφάκι έφερε βροχή!Καλά έκανες, αλλαγή σκηνικού!Η πρώτη φωτογραφία είναι πανέμορφη,πραγματικά!Σαν καρτ ποστάλ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Θα το βλέπετε συχνά αυτό το τοπίο, είναι το αγαπημένο μου μέρος για περπάτημα και όταν βρέχει είναι πραγματικά μαγικό!

      Delete
  5. That first picture is just simply beautiful.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it looks even better when it is foggy or raining, I will get to show you more pictures here eventually!

      Delete
  6. Ireland looks ravishing. How come moving's always a bit of a shock even if you've done it many times? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought because I lived abroad in the past it would be easy for me to adjust... turns out it is not like learning how to ride a bike!

      Delete
  7. beautiful pictures though :)
    i laughed with the rainy cloud above :)
    the cold is better than this sick humidity here...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, humidity is not nice either... maybe we are always too picky with the weather!

      Delete
  8. What beautiful pictures!
    I love your blog
    Thank you for your message;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so exciting and I can't wait to see more of your new home!!!! I adore Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete