October time


Hello and H a p p y  O c t o b e r to all of you! For me this will be the month of moving to Ireland, my ticket is finally booked for the 10th! As time moves closer to this date I am starting to get a little bit nervous. Lots of questions pop in my head like will I get too cold, will too much rain effect my mood, will I be able to drive on the right side, will I find feta cheese in the Irish supermarkets (it is important you know), what about fresh coffee beans?, and a few more small everyday trivial. And I won't even get started on the goodbyes, I am putting a lot of effort to keep light hearted and leave in a casual manner just by saying see you all in a few months.   

Meanwhile, the weather here feels anything but autumn. Which is very nice only I was not expecting that the good weather would last for so long when I was sending our boxes to Ireland. So what I chose to keep in my small suitcase was jeans, long sleeve tops, a pair of trainers and a pair of boots. Not the ideal outfit for 30+ C. And this is how my last few days here are passing by, plus I am enjoying a week of my mum's lovely cooking. And a big thanks to all of you who found the time to stop over and motivate me with your nice cheer up comments the last few weeks, while I was dealing with the uninspiring job of packing up our home. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for you. It can't be easy. I moved from Scotland to England 16 years ago, and I did have many similar emotions. (Although obviously I'm not that far away, it's enough to not let me get home very often). It's difficult to settle in to a new home and city. I had bouts of homesickness on and off but discovered that it takes a year to make somewhere really feel like home. We're here for you if you need friends though! Don't ever forget that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, this is the sweetest comment xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the move - Ireland is such a beautiful place. Great images - love the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, I've been there. Moved from America to England, and then back to America. It's a heck of a lot of work. As for what you kept behind to wear... if you'd kept summer clothes the weather would inevitably be cold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, what were the odds? I had this crazy thought of leaving this country in summer cloths and changing half way through the journey into winter ones (a bit like superman in a telephone box)! :)

      Delete
  4. a very happy october to you too!
    i think the most difficult part in all this is the goodbyes.
    oh & the sun :))
    i wish that you will enjoy your new life in ireland
    and you won't find much difficulties!

    άρχισε να συννεφιάζει...
    η αλήθεια είναι ότι λίγο ψυχρούλα θα ήταν καλή...!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Συννεφιά;; Δεν καταλαβαίνει τίποτα ο καιρός, σαν 2η άνοιξη είναι!

      Delete
  5. Just lovely photos, I love the tones! Hoping that you will be pleasantly surprised with lovely days as you settle into Ireland living! Thanks for your encouragement, it won't be long until the builders are out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! So much time without stopping by here! You all are moving out to Ireland! So exciting! Cant wait to see how this adventure goes. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I am waiting to see how this adventure goes too x

      Delete
  7. I promise Ireland is a land of welcomes! The weather is rainy and cold but when we get a sunny day, its never wasted! The people are warm and friendly as are the cups of tea, and you'll find feta and good coffee in most stores!

    *hello* from an Irish blogger and new follower :) here's hoping your trip over is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the Irish are lovely people (I so believe this I married one), but thank you for reassuring me about everything else too! And welcome to my space here x

      Delete