Back to Bézier


It has been a while and I have kept off the blog world. It started as a side effect of our life in an overheated apartment and then something terrible happened; I lost a best friend suddenly one day and I am still trying to get to terms with it.   

Then we went to southern France for a week, visiting husband's mum near Bézier. I like it there; the small villages that appear to be abandoned at the first glance, the fluffy green hills like giant broccoli, the vine fields with hidden chateaux in the distance. And the locals with their street markets, their tasty cuisine and cold wine earlier in the day, always replying to my questions in detail (in their language of course, even though I make sure to mention that I do not speak any French). Il est beau, I keep asking not with the hope to find someone that can speak a language we both understand, but with the hope that if enough French is spoken to me eventually I will magically start to understand this lovely language! 

4 comments:

  1. Missed your blogs and hope that the break gave you time to reflect.
    Lovely photo's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey, it is nice to be back on the blog xx

      Delete
  2. i am deeply sorry about your friend.
    -
    your fotos & the place are magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Φχαριστώ πολύ Ευδοκία μου, and i should put some more pictures up of these lovely places. xx

      Delete