March


March has officially arrived and so did the spring! Not that you can tell since the weather has not changed with a blink of an eye, but the days are getting longer, the chance of blue skies is rising and blossoms are starting to pop up! Yesterday, I made a two thread bracelet for myself out of white and red threads. This bracelet is called martis (which is Greek for March), and it is worn on your left hand throughout this month. It is supposed to be a good charm protecting you from getting sunburned. Lots of people here actually go to the hastle of wearing it and I am too a supporter of this habit! I also made one for my husband, who is not native to this country and was looking at me in suspicion as if I was applying voodoo on him! 

Wishing you a happy March and a happy weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment