The first blossoms


Yesterday, it was a bank holiday Monday here; the first day of a forty-day fasting leading to the Easter Sunday. Traditionally, you would get yourself bread olives and fish, go to the countryside and make a picnic out of it! Also, (traditionally speaking always) you would fly a kite. We did neither! It was a dull day, plus cold and rather windy so we went to my mum's instead and just had the food. My friend though, who did bother getting out of the city collected these flowers for me! We do not know what the name of this flower is, but we know it is the first one to blossom ever year! And it looks so pretty!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Just stunning! I think the plant is Viburnum - there is a winter one coming in to flower about now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So this is what it is! I have heard the name before but never knew it was this, thanks Jen!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blooms! You've been tagged over on my blog! lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god! it's gorgeous! So the pictures are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a beautiful flower, I couldn't stop taking pictures of it!

      Delete
  4. I think this is a Chaenomeles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is it! Also know as Cydonia here :)

      Delete