Eat, drink and keep warm


The weather is freezing again, the wind is howling outside and if there is one thing I do not mind doing is staying indoors. We are having lots of soup lately. A couple of weeks back I made sure to get the secret family recipes from my husband's mother of how to make nice vegetable soups (Irish style)! So I have been practicing. I am getting there Maura! Also, I am getting in the habit of serving water with a slice of lemon. A way of tarting up something so ordinary, I am into this kind of thing! I could not resist putting in the picture of my favorite profiterole in town from the sweet shop around the corner. We had one each for Valentine's day. And finally my new fluffy in-the-house shocks are keeping me warm these days. I got a few pairs and I love them. They do however make a mess by shedding fluff everywhere on the floor. This I do not like so much. 

4 comments:

  1. it's cold at home as well. and it is sweet to stay warm at home!
    taste of good things and prepare the famous vegetable soup that looks delicious to me. there is nothing better than family recipes.
    sweet weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next time soup should be better, I am still sorting out the mix of ingredients!

      Delete
  2. Oh food looks good at your place! I like those socks/slippers, they look great, but i couldn't cope with them shedding all the time either! Have a lovely cosy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only hope that washing them a few times will get rid of the excess fluff, meanwhile I keep picking it from the floor :?

      Delete